回帖

积分

新手上路

积分
开心每一天 发表于 2024-2-4 10:34:00 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

马上注册,结交更多好友,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转社区。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?立即注册

原文:
The problem with exit scams is that fortunately, they don’t exist anymore. What fueled the exit scams was the fact PayPal never allowed refunds for virtual goods or services, today however they are both covered. You may want to go read PayPal’s terms of service. Not sure how I’m running away with people’s money when they’ll get a refund and then PayPal and I will settle later on, it’s not like the money was spent, it’s sitting in a CIBC account since both accounts (PP/Stripe) get dumped almost daily. When dealing with annual accounts, it not wise to put services not rendered on the books i.e. the prepayment, as it’s actually classified as a liability. Who knew?!
I’m not going to be proactive in refunding, simply because of all the drama with the refunds themselves. If people think paying $12/yr for a service, using the service for 6 months, then charging back the full $12 when they’re only lawfully entitled to a $6 refund, I’m not going to sit there and fuck around with arguing with people. Let them get their $12 refund, I’ll tack on a $200 administrative fee, a $50 charge back fee, the balance due and the interest, then fire the account off to collections. Problem solved.
Regardless of what people want to believe, the company was profitable. Profitability however isn’t the only metric used when forecasting a company’s future. People need to stop using the word owner and start using the word investor. For me this was an investment and while profitable, the company never hit any of its quarterly targets. Not hitting the targets makes it difficult to forecast the future in terms of its value i.e.putting more resources into a.k.a. what this investment is worth to me.
It’s also important to understand why those targets failed. It’s not one single issue, it’s multiple issues overall. Yes, the economy isn’t the greatest, yes, we have inflation. Are people’s wages going up? The reason why I say this is because the company never had a strong commercial/corporate customer base, it was mostly hobby companies and **扶强** users i.e. residential. While I’m not going to complain as revenue is revenue, as people struggle trying to make ends meet, and let’s be honest, if you had to decide between two VPS’s i.e. Limewave or Vultr/DO, you’ll always pick the most established provider and drop the other. That’s fine, business is business. There have been a few, larger providers, very vocal about lack of growth and the economy. Kinda odd for me to bring up struggling customers, isn’t it? 62% of the customer base never paid their bill on time (and yes I did remove the $0.50 late fee), not knocking them, however if you can’t pay a $1.85/mo service on time, it’s either because a) money is tight – OK, not everyone lives in a country where they make a lot of money, I get it or b) the service wasn’t a priority. Now if the service wasn’t a priority, that’s a slight problem, no?
HE losing their SEA<>Tokyo run didn’t help things either. It’s hard to compete in markets where the company actually found a niche (not that I planned to be a provider in those markets), however the MJJ’s love HE. HE, HE, HE, fuck NTT fuck Cogent. The amount of “can I get single homed HE” tickets was actually surprising, had I known I was going to be a **扶强** (I mean VPS) host in that market and their love for HE, I never would’ve signed Cogent. I’m sure I could’ve picked up v6 Cogent routes off Wowrack cheap. Meh. But now with the 40-60 ms of additional latency, whatever monthly customers the company had in that market, well… let’s just say 24 hours after HE shit the bed, there was a decent number of cancellations.
Having a DC tech fat finger some shit in the rack didn’t make things go any smoother. However the work was being done to upgrade the network and add additional power. People ticket in “network is shit” – “I know…”. I can’t pull a fucking rabbit out of my ass and “problem solved”. Doing the upgrade was a huge and I mean HUGE pain in the ass, however once complete, I hate to say it, the last 2 months or so have been probably the best in terms of performance and reliability.
Now there were some plans made in November to try a small pilot, nothing big, however I did find a deal on some E3-1245v3’s and was planning on doing a dedicated servers out of Seattle. When the network was built, there was never any plans for colocation or dedicated servers meaning the physical infrastructure for the backend was never there. So yes, it’s gonna be a hit or miss in regards to whatever automation solution I picked (pay attention now – the project never got that far) and working out the bugs, the additional power going in was for these servers.
What it comes down to is that regardless of the capital that went into this location, $43K to launch and another $10K in November, the numbers weren’t there. If people want to believe it was an exit scam, that’s fine. The decision to cease operations wasn’t on the table until the end of the fourth quarter, which is the end of December.
But let’s be honest, if I’m struggling for cash and need to pump accounts to pay carriers and colocation bills, why in the fuck would I spent two grand on old shit servers? Why pick up (and carry) the additional power? As of right now, they’re still sitting unpackaged and that kinda sucks, because I was looking forward to seeing how things would’ve turned out.
If I was struggling for cash, why not sell the ports? How many providers here would be interested in, pot luck special, FLAT 10g ports - $200/mo for one and $300/mo for the other – pick your rate and I’ll tell you if it’s Cogent or HE. Anyone in wowrack want my 10g FLAT SIX port, it’s only $75/mo, $550/mo retail btw. I got a killer deal on 40 amps if anyone’s looking for a deal. Anyone looking for a /21 of IPv4 non 4.10, make me an offer. The ports aren’t being sold nor are the IP’s or power.
It’s not that I didn’t value the customers I had, I did. I’m very grateful for the customers that decided to do business with me, thank you! At the end of the day however, decisions need to be made and it’s just business.
As for the ARIN updates, yes there are plans. As of right now, I have the rack space just don’t have the free power. The plan as of right now, nothing official, is that I’ll be bringing a few nodes online for a 24 hour period then cycle with the same pattern until all the nodes have had their last day. What I’m waiting for is OVH to approve the BYOIP orders as I figure, it’d be wise to have some form of basic DDoS protection. Once the nodes come online, people can rsync the data off if needed, however the same restrictions as before apply i,e. no outbound SSH, so my advice would be to change the SSH port of the remote host now to avoid any delays when the node comes online. OVH states up for 3 weeks, so tick tock. We all wait.
For the node that was a total loss, it will be repaired and brought back online so you can recover your data if needed.

译文:
退出骗局的问题在于,幸运的是,它们已经不存在了。助长退出骗局的是,PayPal从未允许虚拟商品或服务退款,但如今它们都在保险范围内。您可能想阅读PayPal的服务条款。不确定我是如何带着人们的钱逃跑的,当他们得到退款,然后PayPal和我稍后会结算时,钱并不是花掉的,而是放在CIBC账户中,因为这两个账户(PP/Stripe)几乎每天都会被甩。在处理年度账目时,将未提供的服务(即预付款)记在账上是不明智的,因为它实际上被归类为负债。谁知道?!

我不会主动退款,仅仅因为退款本身的戏剧性。如果人们认为每年支付12美元购买一项服务,使用该服务6个月,然后在他们只能合法获得6美元退款的情况下全额收取12美元,我不会坐在那里和人们争论。让他们得到12美元的退款,我会加上200美元的管理费、50美元的退款费、到期余额和利息,然后将账户转入收款。问题解决了。

不管人们想相信什么,这家公司都是盈利的。然而,盈利能力并不是预测公司未来的唯一指标。人们需要停止使用“所有者”一词,开始使用“投资者”一词。对我来说,这是一项投资,尽管盈利,但该公司从未实现任何季度目标。如果没有达到目标,就很难预测未来的价值,也就是说,把更多的资源投入到这项投资对我来说的价值上。

理解这些目标失败的原因也很重要。这不是一个单一的问题,而是多个整体问题。是的,经济不是最好的,是的,我们有通货膨胀。人们的工资在涨吗?我之所以这么说,是因为该公司从未拥有强大的商业/企业客户群,主要是爱好公司和**扶强**用户,即住宅用户。虽然我不会抱怨,因为收入就是收入,因为人们努力维持生计,老实说,如果你必须在两个VPS(即Limewave或Vultr/DO)之间做出决定,你总是会选择最成熟的提供商,然后放弃另一个。没关系,生意就是生意。有一些规模更大的供应商,对缺乏增长和经济非常直言不讳。对我来说,培养苦苦挣扎的客户有点奇怪,不是吗?62%的客户从未按时支付账单(是的,我确实取消了0.50美元的滞纳金),这并没有打击他们,但如果你不能按时支付1.85美元/月的服务,要么是因为a)资金紧张——好吧,不是每个人都生活在一个赚很多钱的国家,我明白,要么是b)服务不是优先事项。现在,如果服务不是优先事项,那就是一个小问题,不是吗?

他在东京的SEA比赛中失利也于事无补。在公司真正找到利基市场的市场上很难竞争(我并没有计划成为这些市场的供应商),然而MJJ喜欢HE。他,他,他妈的,去他妈的科根。事实上,“我能得到一个家庭的HE”门票的数量令人惊讶,如果我知道我将成为该市场的**扶强**(我指的是VPS)主机,以及他们对HE的热爱,我永远不会签下Cogent。我确信我本可以便宜地在沃里克附近选择v6 Cogent路线。无聊的。但现在有了40-60毫秒的额外延迟,无论该公司在该市场上每月有多少客户,好吧……就说他上床24小时后,有相当多的取消订单。

有一个DC技术的胖手指——架子上有一些大便——并没有让事情变得更顺利。然而,升级网络和增加额外电源的工作正在进行中。人们在“网络就是大便”中买票——“我知道……”。我不能从屁股里拔出一只该死的兔子来“解决问题”。升级是一个巨大的过程,我的意思是巨大的痛苦,但一旦完成,我不想说,过去两个月左右的时间可能是性能和可靠性方面最好的。

现在,11月制定了一些计划,尝试一个小的试点,没有什么大的,但我确实在一些E3-1245v3上找到了交易,并计划在西雅图以外的地方做一个专用服务器。当网络建成时,从来没有任何主机代管或专用服务器的计划,这意味着后端的物理基础设施从来都不存在。所以,是的,无论我选择了什么自动化解决方案(现在要注意——这个项目从来没有走到那么远),解决这些错误,都会是一个偶然的机会,额外的电力将用于这些服务器。

归根结底,无论进入这个地点的资金是4300美元,还是11月的1万美元,这些数字都不存在。如果人们想相信这是一个退出骗局,那没关系。直到第四季度末,也就是12月底,才决定停止运营。

但老实说,如果我在为现金而挣扎,需要开立账户来支付运营商和主机代管账单,我他妈的为什么要在旧的垃圾服务器上花两千?为什么要拿起(并携带)额外的动力?到目前为止,它们还没有包装好,这有点糟糕,因为我很期待看到事情会变成什么样子。

如果我在为现金而挣扎,为什么不卖掉港口呢?这里有多少供应商会对pot luck special FLAT 10g端口感兴趣——一个200美元/个,另一个300美元/个——选择您的价格,我会告诉您是Cogent还是HE。wowrack的任何人都想要我的10g FLAT SIX端口,它只需75美元/月,零售价550美元/月。顺便说一句,如果有人在找交易的话,我得到了一笔40安培的杀手级交易。任何人正在寻找IPv4非4.10的/21,请给我一个报价。这些端口没有出售,IP或电源也没有出售。

这并不是说我不重视我的客户,我确实重视。我非常感谢那些决定与我做生意的客户,谢谢!然而,归根结底,需要做出决定,这只是生意。

至于ARIN的更新,是的,有计划。到目前为止,我有机架空间,只是没有空闲的电源。目前的计划是,我将让几个节点在线24小时,然后以相同的模式循环,直到所有节点都有最后一天。我正在等待的是OVH批准BYOIP订单,正如我所想的,最好有某种形式的基本DDoS保护。一旦节点上线,如果需要,人们可以将数据重新同步,但与之前相同的限制也适用。没有出站SSH,所以我的建议是现在更改远程主机的SSH端口,以避免节点联机时出现任何延迟。OVH状态持续3周,所以请点击。我们都在等待。

对于完全丢失的节点,它将被修复并重新联机,以便在需要时恢复数据。

主题

回帖

积分

新手上路

积分
傲傲 发表于 2024-2-4 11:09:40 | 显示全部楼层
Dedipath还提前24小时发通知,limewave无通知直接跑还怪别人争议退款
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

回帖

积分

新手上路

积分
月亮 发表于 2024-2-4 11:09:51 | 显示全部楼层
该死,还不给数据备份时间!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

回帖

积分

新手上路

积分
唐豪彬 发表于 2024-2-4 11:10:00 | 显示全部楼层
前段时间差点收一台
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|IDCeve

GMT+8, 2024-5-20 19:02 , Processed in 0.054221 second(s), 5 queries , Redis On.